In general Cratex MX abrasives are more aggressive than Cratex rubber bonded abrasives. The real difference between the two is the metal removal capabilities.
Unlike Cratex Rubberized Abrasives Cratex MX is a laminate bond. The MX manufacturing process is similar to that of coated abrasives (sandpaper). MX is made from cloth material sheets coated with either a latex or resin adhesive. The sheets are then coated with abrasive and stacked to reach a predetermined thickness. The stack of sheets are then cold pressed to form a large slab. The slab is oven cured. After curing the slab is sliced and dice to produce either type 1 wheels or mounted wheels.
Since a laminate bond is pressed or compressed to form a slab utilizing an adhesive the MX material is much firmer than a rubber bond, the result us that the MX bonds holds the abrasive grains until they are won. Rubber bonds being resilient the abrasive grains push back into the rubber matrix during use. The rubber is worn away and the abrasive falls out.
Cratex MX is available in two different bonds and four grades.
- CXG = (soft bond) general purpose
- CXH = (medium bond) semi-aggressive
- CXI = (hard bond) aggressive
- CXN = (extra bond) very aggressive
Cratex MX is available in the following grit sizes.
Cratex MX utilizes premium brown aluminum oxide abrasive. This abrasive was chosen for its resistance to chipping (friability) during use and the extreme sharpness for cutting applications. Silicon carbide abrasive can be substituted but with certain ordering requirements.
Shapes and sizes
All standard ANSI A, B, and W wheel shapes are available as well as type 1 wheels from ½” to 12” diameter. Standard wheel thickness range is 3/32” to 2”. Additional wheel thickness may be provided with ordering requirements Type 27 discs are available in 4”, 4-1/2” and 7” diameters. The thickness range is 1/8” to ¼”. Each diameter has a standard thickness.
Customers also purchased:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If any Cratex item does not perform as promised it is returnable for a full credit or exchange.
- E-mail: email@example.com for return authorization number. RA number must be on the shipping label.
- All returns must be in resalable condition. Returns to include copy of original packing slip or invoice.
- Product returned after 30 days from shipment date will not be accepted.
- Cratex will offer returns for replacement product only. No cash refunds.
- Replacement value must equal to original order amount. No credit will be issued for a lesser amount.
- Customer is responsible for return freight charges.
- Replacement orders must be placed within 30 days of return or credit will be void.
Orders will ship within 2 business days. Tracking number will be emailed to the email address submitted at the time of the order. You will be contacted by the Cratex Customer Service Department if there are any issues with your order.